Renovation- Let the fun begin!

Monday 24 June 2013

This renovation has been a very long time coming!  After over three years of researching, designing, pricing, redesigning, pricing again and fine tuning work has finally begun on the house!

My view when I arrived home for the day.
I never thought I would be so excited to see a skip bin in my front yard.  I may have done a happy dance all the way up the driveway!  The renovation will start with an extension to the back of the house.


The existing back of the house upon purchase in 2010.

So the first job was a bit of demolition.

Builder B hard at work removing the existing dodgy deck.


And the deck is gone!

It is so exciting to see some real progress after years of drawing countless plans.  But more on that later.

Master H inspecting the progress.

8 comments:

  1. We had a dodgy roofless deck very much like yours too. Now we have a new deck with a huge gable and I am itching to get it painted. mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your new deck looks amazing already. I can just imagine how great it will be once it's painted. It's going to be a lovely summer out on our decks!

      Delete
  2. Having a skip out the front is a great feeling. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too spent years and years (and 3 architects later) before we nailed-down the right design. How long is the reno expected to take? Look forward to seeing the plans. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we're not the only ones! The builder has estimated 14 weeks. I've just written a post on our house plans for you. :)

      Delete
    2. Wow - 14 weeks will fly! Ours is scheduled to take 6 months. We have our fingers crossed to be in by XMAS. xx

      Delete
  4. Your blog is excellent....I really liked your blog, appreciate the great information about Renovating Home Brisbane Thank u

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!